Since See You at the Pole™ is all about students praying, start praying for your students now! Pray for:
- your students and their friends to take part in See You at the Pole™
- the other students in your community (or church) to take part in See You at the Pole™
- your youth pastor/leader in your church as he/she motivates and guides students for See You at the Pole™
- your students' parents to be supportive of their involvement in See You at the Pole™
- the non-Christian students that could be reached through See You at the Pole™
- the Christian students in your community to strengthen their unity on campus all year long
PREPARESee You at the Pole™ is a student-led event. Strong student leadership is crucial. Adult volunteers and parents should not lead the See You at the Pole™ gathering. Many well-meaning adults take over and take away from the students by trying to lead out in the prayers at the flagpole. This is not the intention for See You at the Pole™, nor is it legal for adults to lead. Please step back or stay away and let the students grow and learn in their faith by leading.
The best place for an adult to pray on the day of See You at the Pole™ is not on campus with the students but at alternate locations such as your church, home, courthouse flagpole, office building flagpole, or military base flagpole.
It is important for students to know they are supported by adults from their churches, communities, and schools. Only upon an invitation from a student leader can an adult serve on campus by assisting with any needs they have prior to or after See You at the Pole™, or possibly recording video or taking pictures during See You at the Pole™.